About Rob Gould: born on May 11, 1986 in Peoria, Illinois. Rob’s Musical career started when he was 8 years old after making his first drum-set out of garbage cans in his parents garage. He started to progress under the instruction of legendary Illinois percussion educators Chuck and Peggy Bonner. While studying with both, Rob gained a solid foundation with: rudiment/reading skills, symphonic performances, and big band/combo jazz performances. In high school Rob joined nationally acclaimed high school big band, the Peoria Jazz Allstars. During his senior year in high school he earned the top chair in the Illinois All-State Big Band and received a World Tour Scholarship from Berklee College of Music.
In fall of 2004 Rob started at Berklee College of Music in Boston, MA. While at school Rob recorded and played shows with many student bands of all styles. Rob’s drumset teachers at Berklee include: Tony “Thunder” Smith, Mike Mangini, Yoron Israel, Kenwood Dennard, Steve Wilkes, Robert Tamagni, Robert Kaufman, Jackie Santos, Ralph Peterson, and Mark Walker.
While at school Rob began his work as a session drummer for many student groups and was a part of his first international session during his sophomore year for Norwegian group Playn Playn on iTunes. In May 2006 the group recorded at legendary Rainbow Studios in Oslo, Norway with grammy winning producer Frodé Thingnaes About Frode. He also joined Illinois rock group Waterstreet. The band has opened for popular rock groups: Blue Oyster Cult, Tantric, The Toadies, Parlor Mob, Vince Neal, Gin Blossoms, and Santana.
Rob graduated from Berklee in May 2008 with magna cum laude honors. After college Rob moved to Chicago and began teaching private drum lessons, doing studio sessions, touring, and playing with Chicago groups such as: Big Paraid, Bluewater Kings, Swamp Heat, Mathien, The Lifeline, Patrick Hartman & The Last Glances, 3’s & 7’s, The Choir, Waterstreet, Michael Lux & The Bad Sons, Ricky Liontones, The Lucky Dutch, North by North, John Griffith Collective, Phil Angotti, Guns & Ammunition, Drivetrain, Paige & The Reverent Few, and many more.
In 2017 Rob and wife Lauren moved to Nashville, TN to further his work with music in both studio and live environments. Currently he is the music director for Muzo, a British furniture and music company. Muzo works with several UK artist such as: Beth McCarthy (brit pop) and Gary Johnstone (Irish blues guitarist). Rob both plays and coordinates the shows for Muzo.
- September 2017 Music Director for Muzo company.
- October 2016 Started drumming for UK pop artist Beth McCarthy http://bethmccarthy.co.uk
- Current drummer/MD for Mathien https://www.mathien.com/
- December 2015 Started drum sessions for Swamp Heat full length record. https://www.facebook.com/SwampHeat/
- August 2014 Earned drum position in Bluewater Kings Corporate/Wedding band http://www.bluewaterkingsband.com
- February 10th 2014 Big Paraid begins new record with 3-time Gold Record producer Sean O’Keefe https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_O%27Keefe_(producer)
- Winter 2013 Studio project with David Blamires (grammy winning guitarist with Pat Metheny) on Patrick Hartman’s debut record https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Blamires
- March 30th 2013 Big Paraid self-titled debut and record release show at Double Door – Chicago, IL
- January 2012-September 2013 drummer for Paige DeChausse (American Idol season 9)
- December 2011 gained endorsement with Vivace stick company
- January 2009 gained endorsement with Bosphorus cymbal company
- Nov. 11, 2008 I made it to Guitar Center Drum Off District Finals
- While at Berklee: magna cum laude honors, won world tour scholarship, made 6 dean’s lists & studied w/ acclaimed drummers: Tony Smith, Mike Mangini, Terri Lyne Carrington, Bob Tamagni, Dave DiCenso, Yoron Israel, Kenwood Dennard, & Steve Wilkes
- May 11-21, 2006 recorded album “Tuned In” for Norwegian pop group ‘Playn’ In Oslo, Norway. I worked with the late composer, Frode Thignaeshttp://tinyurl.com/h4yrs5j & legendary sound engineer Jan Erik Kongshaug (Chick Corea, Keith Jarret, Pat Metheny)http://tinyurl.com/hobkazy
- ·November 2005- December 2011 joined/co-led band Waterstreet. We’ve recorded three albums, opened for: Jackyl, Vince Neal, Santana, Gin Blossoms, The Toadies, Blue Oyster Cult, Tantric, & Parlor Mob.